- In litigated divorces, most attorneys require retainers of at least $2,500.00 to $4,000.00 to commence the case. Attorney Kaufman requests a small retainer of $300.00 which is applied towards drafting the agreement. Otherwise, clients pay at the end of the session only for time spent. You pay as you go.
- In mediation you will not have to worry about being billed for the hours which are typically spent preparing for and appearing at court motions and hearings.
- In mediation you will not be billed for the cost of each of your lawyers speaking with each other.
- Information is gathered in a cooperative fashion rather than the expensive discovery process which includes interrogatories, depositions and motions to compel.
- Mediated agreements typically cost a total of $1,500.00 or less.
Monday, August 31, 2015